Monday 16 April 2007

Been a while!

It's been a bloody long time since I posted anything up here so I think I'll do this in stages otherwise you'll have a lot to read! I emailed you all saying I'd applied for a senior stato post nearly a month ago. Well I'm hoping to find out about it tomorrow - you can see why WA is nicknamed the Wait Awhile state. Had 2 interviews for the job and the last one was with a director of a HR firm that were brought in as a third party assessment. He told me on thursday after the interview that his recommendation would be to offer me the job so it boils down to whether they believe I'm up for staying beyond the end of this year. That's right kids - if I get the job I'm planning on staying until 2009 at least meaning I'll be needing a sponsored visa which the company will have to sort out if they want me to carry on working for them come the end of the year. I'd kinda already decided that I wanted to stay until then anyway - whether that was another year on a working holiday visa or being sponsored. If I stay for 4yrs I can get residency which means I can then come and go as I please. But that's a long way down the track... got to get the job first! If I don't get it then I'm not sure what I'd do. In the mean time I'd carry on where I am until the 6 months is up and after that I'd have to see what opportunities were available. Not too many stato posts here in Perth so if I wanted to do that then heading East is probably my best bet. Melbourne ot Sydney... tough choice! But I'm not thinking about that at the moment. What I am thinking about is the couple of good gigs I've got coming up in the next few months. Watching the Black Keys down in Freo next month which should be pretty good, then it's Maximo Park on the 19th August in Perth. That should be really good as their new album is chuffing brilliant! Been kinda busy on the weekends lately too - keeping myself pretty busy. Back end of last month was Donna's birthday and we were meant to go deepsea fishing but the swell was too big so it got cancelled. Me and Gav got pissed in the city instead throughout the afternoon down on the Esplanade in the Lucky Shag (barmy army HQ for the Perth leg of the Ashes tour - no doubt full of pasty English muppets like Riley) before heading off up our mate Todd's hawaiian party (Gav got really dressed up and put on a AC/DC shirt). So all in all a messy day and night. This led nicely into paintballing on the saturday for Donna's birthday. I shot anything that moved and pretty much anything that moved shot me. Caught one lad in the nuts and he wasn't wearing a box so he dropped like a sack of shit. Made me realise how close it was to being me as I got hit in the top of my thigh. Shot Donna a lot as well. Then it was back to the Flying Scotsman in Mt Lawley (just north of the city centre) for a good drink. I'll tell you about the other weekends in my other posts. Until next time...

No comments: