Tuesday 24 April 2007

New job!

That's right kids - after weeks of interview, waiting, interview and more waiting, the kind folk at Data Analysis Australia (DAA) have offered me a job. I'll be starting on the 14th May (same day I go and watch the Black Keys) as a consultant statistician. Wanted a senior consultant statistician post but I think a lack of project management and commercial experience means that I just missed out as I'm going in at the top of the consultant scale. Also had assurances that my salary and status will be reviewed regularly to begin with (every 3 months) so I'll be working hard to prove myself and get the senior status. (They've already realised I'm pretty ambitious). They're also going to sponsor me as well as they've offered me a permanent position which means I'll be here in Perth I reckon until around the begining of 2009. This was much to the heart-ache of my mum! That date is still pretty loose but it's the commitment I kept re-iterating to them in the interviews. What happens in the mean time is anyone's guess. The sponsored visa means I can actually stay in the country until mid-2011 by which time I can apply for residency. That's a long way off yet, christ WC07 still hasn't been played! As it's actually a couple more k's south of where I'm currently working (would pretty much have to drive past the office) I'm really going to be looking for somewhere to live a bit closer. Going to look for a couple of places now...

Since I'm not going to be coming back for a while too, all of you lot need to organise yourselves for coming over for a visit - although I'd wait until October at least now as it's starting to get cold (relatively speaking - 20C sees me with a jumper on now!) and you'll want all the glorious sunshine and lazy days down the beach.

I've also organised a trip over to Sydney for the 24th May. Staying with the lovely Kat for a long weekend (all the Bath uni lot - you must remember Kat?!) and we're off to watch Australia v Wales on the Saturday (26th). It will not, as Riley alluded to, be meeting of two mediocre sides. That's disparraging to Australia! Fellow Taffs: surely you agree with me after an apalling 6 nations? If not, I shall be expecting a your tirade of displeasure at my comments in due course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you say i go on! I wont argue that you are not ambitious!

Ta very much for the report

Hsnnah x